ICAO Prototypes Competition 2019 (US$5,000 prize)
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Entries are invited for the ICAO Prototypes Competition 2019. The competition is seeking maturely thought-out-3-D renderings (still images and/or video) of either new aircraft types or new types of operations.
In addition to visual proposals submitted, they are also expecting a business case summary of 500 words or less which describes why your solution should attract investment, and how it be cost-effectively produced and implemented to improve people’s lives. The prototypes submitted can be piloted or unmanned aircraft, of any size or shape, and there’s no limit to what you can propose they can be used for in our skies and/or outer space.
- A prize of US$5,000 will be provided to the winning entry, as selected by ICAO.
- Open to anyone who is 18-and-over.
- The contest submission deadline for all age groups is 30 June 2019.
- At end July 2019, national winners will be announced on ICAO’s Future Aviation website, in addition to their Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- National winners will then be assessed during August 2019 to determine Regional winners for the North and Central America and Caribbean area, South America, West Africa, East Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific. These winners will also be highlighted on ICAO’s Future Aviation website, in addition to our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- Global winners will then be selected and announced during ICAO’s World Aviation Forum and Innovation Fair, being held at ICAO HQ from 22-23 September 2019.
- The winner of the 18+ Prototypes Competition will also be given the opportunity to come to Montreal to receive their award, with airfare and accommodation for two nights in Montreal being provided for by ICAO.
How to Enter
- Develop your prototype and create a 3-D visual representation of it with either just still images, or else a combination of still and video renderings.
- Summarize the proposal and its business case in 500 words or less.
- Upload your renderings and text, along with your name, age and nationality, using the “Upload my Prototype!” link. Any images sent must be minimum 1000px wide, and any video being rendered must be in 1920x1080p HD format.
For more information, visit ICAO Prototypes Competition.