British Council Future Leaders Connect 2019 (Fully-funded to the United Kingdom)
Deadline: May 6, 2019
Applications for the British Council Future Leaders Connect 2019 are now open. The British Council is committed to developing future leaders. To prepare for the world ahead of us, the next generation of leaders must be skilled, innovative and globally connected people, able to make and respond to change with effective policy making.
As a member of Future Leaders Connect, you will travel to the UK for ten days (October 21 – November 1, 2019) of advanced policy and leadership development programme at Møller Institute, Churchill College, University of Cambridge. You will discuss today’s biggest global challenges in the UK Houses of Parliament, meet inspirational leaders and visit world-renowned organisations. Following your time in the UK you will have worldwide connections, a policy action plan for change and the skills, knowledge and networks needed to be an influential leader in your country and beyond.
- The costs of travel, accommodation and meals are covered by the British Council and the programme is fully accessible.
- Open to exceptional young leaders from around the world who will play a significant role in policy making and politics in the years to come;
- You must live in one of the participating countries – Canada, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Tunisia, UK and USA;
- You must be available for the full programme dates, October 21 – November 1, 2019;
- You must be aged 18-35;
- You should be able to passionately explain how you want to make change in your country and how this links to your vision for global change;
- You should have an understanding of policy and are interested in learning more about policy making;
- You should be willing to engage in this long-term opportunity with the British Council to become a member of Future Leaders Connect and be committed to the network;
- English language: You will need to demonstrate good English language skills in your application including, for example, by using appropriate grammar and vocabulary and clearly setting out your points, consistent with IELTS level 7, although this qualification is itself NOT required.
For more information, visit British Council Future Leaders Connect.