Mastercard Foundation Youth Think Thank Researchers Program 2019
Deadline: March 17, 2019
Applications for the Mastercard Foundation Youth Think Thank Researchers Program 2019 are open. The Youth Think Tank is an initiative of Mastercard Foundation implemented in partnership with Restless Development Uganda in seven African countries including Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ghana, Zambia and Malawi.
This program sees young researchers as meaningful partners in generating high-quality evidence on youth livelihoods, leading every step of the research process. They conduct research to support Foundation programming and strategy development. They are trained and mentored to conduct research, document youth needs, challenges, and aspirations, and share their findings with government, policymakers, and development practitioners.
- Attend and contribute to the research design by providing country specific context based on your experiences and lived realities of youth in your country
- Liaise with a thematic country team of 3 peers to lead quality data collection from young people, government, Private Sector, Civil Society, communities and other stakeholders
- Analyse collated data to generate country specific report
- Lead community research co-design workshops with community members, Mastercard Foundation partners and other development agencies
- Share and discuss research findings through launch events convened by Restless Development and Mastercard Foundation and through your planned in country spaces
Restless Development will offer training, ongoing mentorship and support to the recruited team including:
- A two-week training on research methodology and youth engagement to enhance your skills and knowledge to prepare you for the task ahead
- Ongoing support and mentorship to develop your skills in youth-led research and youth engagement
- Meet and reimburse all costs for travel, meals, field work, communication during official assignments
- Exposure and connection to a network of young leaders, research professional mentors in Africa and beyond
- Upon satisfactory delivery of contracted outputs, you will receive an honorarium of 800 US dollars
- Exposure to a network of development practitioners in Africa and beyond that will ultimately enhance your networking opportunities.
- Open to innovative young men and women;
- Aged between 18-24;
- From Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Malawi, Zambia or Ghana;
- Are passionate about research for development;
- Must hold valid passport and associated travel documents or demonstrate timeliness to secure them
Please send a completed application form and required documentation to [email protected] by March 17, 2019. Please note that they DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and cover letters.
For more information, visit Mastercard Foundation Youth Think Thank.