European Commission Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2019 (€10,000 prize)
Deadline: April 14, 2019
Applications are open for the European Commission Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2019. The Lorenzo Natali Media Prize recognises excellence in reporting on development issues, inequality, human rights, and poverty eradication.
It was created by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO), and named after Lorenzo Natali, an early champion of European development policy. Today, the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize’s community of past winners, jury members and partners have created a platform supporting reporting on development. The Prize also gives a voice to those whose vital message is often overlooked or ignored.
The overarching theme of the 2019 Lorenzo Natali Media Prize is journalism for development. Entries to this year’s competition should relate to to development cooperation issues such as, but not limited to, youth, gender equality, health, climate change, etc.
- The winner in each category will receive €10,000. The winner of the Best Emerging Journalist Prize category will also be offered a work experience with a media partner.
- Winning journalists will receive their award at the Lorenzo Natali Award Ceremony at the 2019 European Development Days, which take place in Brussels on June 18-19, 2019.
- Grand Prize: Open to journalists whose media headquarter is located in one of the more than 160 partner countries with which the European Union engages on development and cooperation
- Europe Prize: Open to journalists whose media headquarter is located in one of the countries of the European Union
- Best Emerging Journalist Prize: Open to journalists under 30 whose media is headquartered in any country where DG DEVCO and DG NEAR provide development assistance, as well as in the EU Member States
For more information, visit Lorenzo Natali Media Prize.