TR Foundation Reporting on Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery 2019 (Funded)
Deadline: March 11, 2019
Applications are open for the TR Foundation Reporting on Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery 2019. The program is a unique chance for journalists in India to gain practical skills and knowledge and work on your story ideas with guidance from experienced Thomson Reuters Foundation journalists and subject experts from reputed anti-trafficking charities.
With support from the C&A Foundation, the workshop offers a combination of specialist expertise and hands-on training, with an emphasis on producing high-impact stories for widespread dissemination.
As well as coming away with a deep understanding of the scale, nature and causes of the problem, participants will learn about efforts to set global standards for combating modern slavery, including fundamental conventions, international instruments and a new, legally binding protocol that requires countries to take real action.
- Thomson Reuters Foundation can fund travel expenses and accommodation for participants travelling from outside Kolkata. This arrangement is subject to variation.
- Applicants must be Indian full-time journalists or regular contributors to broadcast media organisations in India;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a commitment to a career in journalism in their country;
- Must be a senior journalist with a minimum of three years’ professional experience and have a good level in spoken and written English;
- If you have been on a Thomson Reuters Foundation training programme within the last two years you will not be eligible to apply.
When applying you will be asked to upload the following documents – please have these ready:
- 2 relevant work samples (maximum file size 5 MB) – in English if possible. For stories not in English, please include a 250-word English summary about the story.
- A letter from your editor consenting to your participation in the programme and committing to publish/broadcast resulting stories
Please note you will be asked to submit one or more story ideas within your application. They will not share your ideas with anyone.
For more information, visit TR Foundation Reporting.