Asian Scientist Lab Tech of the Year 2019 Award
Deadline: March 15, 2019
Nominations are open for the Asian Scientist Lab Tech of the Year 2019 Award. The award aims to celebrate and highlight the unsung heroes that are responsible for labs to function properly – the laboratory technician, or lab tech.
From the ‘MacGyver’ who never fails to comes up with the most ingenious hacks to keep things running, to the life of the lab who not only organizes the yearly lab party but goes the extra mile to help everyone stay motivated and positive, lab techs play an essential role in the scientific ecosystem. However, despite their invaluable contributions, most laboratory technicians remain invisible to all but their immediate colleagues.
The Asian Scientist Lab Tech of the Year 2019 is brought to you by Asian Scientist Magazine, an award-winning science and technology magazine that highlights R&D news stories from Asia to a global audience. The magazine is published by Singapore-headquartered Wildtype Media Group.
- Ten outstanding individuals selected will each receive the following:
- A S$500 cash prize
- A certificate of recognition
- An Asian Scientist Magazine goodie bag including Sydney Brenner’s 10-on-10: The Chronicles of Evolution
One of them will also win the overall prize of a 3D2N stay ay Banyan Tree Bintain, courtesy of Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts.
Each Lab Tech of the Year will win for their nominating supervisor’s lab:
- Lab-wide discounts from the main sponsor Abcam
- S$500 in book vouchers from World Scientific Publishing Company
- Nominations are open to all laboratory technicians who have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the field. In some cases, laboratory technicians are referred to as research assistants, research officers, project officers or laboratory technologists.
- Nominees must reside and work in Singapore, but do not have to be Singapore citizens or permanent residents to qualify.
- Nominees can only be nominated by former or current supervisors. Peer nominations will not be considered.
- Supervisors may nominate more than one individual. Each nomination requires a separate form.
Please send an email to [email protected] if you have additional supporting documents that may be relevant to the nomination.
For more information, visit Asian Scientist Lab Tech of the Year.