World of Children Grants for Non-profit Children’s Organisation 2019 (Up to $75,000)
Deadline: March 31, 2019
Nominations are invited for the World of Children Grants for Non-profit Children’s Organisation 2019. The World of Children provides funding and recognition to support life-changing work for children by discovering and elevating only the most effective changemakers for children worldwide.
They give awards in five categories: Education, Health, Humanitarian, Protection and Youth. The awards recognize real-life heroes working to dramatically improve the lives of children. But that’s not all: the Honorees also receive grant funds and media attention, both of which help their gold standard programs grow so that they will ultimately impact the lives of even more children.
- Award benefits include a minimum $75,000 multi-year cash grant provided to the individual’s organization, media and educational opportunities, and recognition at the Awards Ceremony & Benefit in New York City in November 2019.
- Nominees must have an existing nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization in good standing. The organization must be able to receive grant funds if awarded;
- The Nominee must be the founder, co-founder, or visionary leader responsible for the organization’s success and growth. Volunteers and paid staff who have not played a role in the organization founding or vision are not qualified for an Award;
- The Nominee’s organization must be entirely focused on helping children, especially vulnerable children. Organizations serving a substantial number of adults, while wonderful in their own right, do not align with this mission and may be disqualified;
- Nominees must do this work over and above their normal employment. Alternatively, the Nominee must work for little or no pay;
- World of Children excludes any work designed to specifically advance any one religion or political position. The Board of Governors of World of Children reserves the right to exclude Nominations it deems to be religious or political in nature;
- Individuals nominated for the Education, Health, Humanitarian or Protection Awards must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of 10 years. Nominees with less than 10 years of work will be disqualified. (exception pertains to the Youth Award)
- The organization led by the Nominee in the categories of Education, Health, Humanitarian or Protection Awards must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization for a minimum of 10 years. Nominees with organizations having less than a 10-year history will be disqualified. (exception pertains to the Youth Award)
- The Nominee must have full knowledge that they are being nominated. It is strongly recommended that the person you are nominating and the related organization assist you in completing the nomination form;
- The Nominee must be available to participate in the annual Awards Ceremonies held in New York City, USA, if he or she is selected as an Honoree. Travel and accommodations will be arranged and paid for by World of Children;
- Nominees may select no more than two award categories for which they would like to be considered. If awarded, World of Children will select the most suitable category for the individual based on the application information;
- Only one individual from an organization can be nominated. If multiple individuals are nominated from the same organization, World of Children retains the right to select which Nomination Form/application to review, solely at its discretion;
- If the Nominee is selected as a finalist, they must be willing to submit to a full investigation. A third party investigation firm will screen and vet all finalists and their organizations in a formal review process which substantiates their work.
Specific requirements for youth award nominees:
- Youth Nominees can only be nominated for the Youth Award. They must be 21 years old or younger when submissions close on March 31, 2019 to be eligible;
- The organization led by the Nominee in the Youth Award category must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization for a minimum of three years. Youth Nominees with organizations having less than a three-year history will be disqualified;
- Individuals nominated for the Youth Award must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of three years. Youth Nominees with less than three years of work will be disqualified.
How to Prepare for a Nomination
You will want to know the following before you begin a Nomination:
- Which World of Children award category best suits the work of your Nominee
- The mission statement and work of your Nominee’s organization
- How long the Nominee’s organization has been a registered nonprofit/charity/NGO
- The tangible impact your Nominee’s work has on children
- Why this Nominee is truly exceptional
- Nominee’s complete contact information
- For more specific information, download the Nomination Handbook
- For help in submitting a Nomination, download our How to Submit a Nomination Guide
For more information, visit World of Children Grants.