Swedish Institute She Entrepreneurs Leadership Program 2019 (Fully-funded to Sweden)
Deadline: February 5, 2019
Apply for the Swedish Institute She Entrepreneurs Leadership Program 2019. The She Entrepreneurs is a leadership program for highly motivated women entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) who are building successful and sustainable businesses with the potential to make a difference in their societies.
She Entrepreneurs is a practical and hands-on leadership training based on real business experiences and collaborative learning. The program provides tangible tools, insights and connections for participants who want to grow their businesses and develop both as entrepreneurs and as leaders. The program runs over four months with two separate assemblies (modules) taking place in the city of Stockholm – one of Europe’s leading hubs for entrepreneurs.
She Entrepreneurs is made up of two separate modules over the year. In between the modules, you will also have monthly online follow-ups with your mentor. Module 1 runs for 12 days and Module 2 for 7 days. Both modules will take place in Stockholm. It is an intensive program with full daily schedules and many evening activities. All selected participants will have to commit to participating in all the activities of both Module 1 and 2
- Module 1 (in Stockholm, Sweden, 9 – 20 June 2019)
The module is set up with a highly practical approach that allows you to apply the lessons directly to your business. Interactive workshops and seminars will be combined with coaching sessions with expert mentors individually as well as in smaller groups. At the end of Module 1, you will present your business to an advisory board consisting of senior entrepreneurs and business advisors.
- Module 2 (in Stockholm, Sweden, 15 – 21 September 2019)
The focus during module 2 will be to maintain, build and expand the network, to continue the learning journey and to follow up on the development of the work so far. You will continue to build on your entrepreneurial and leadership skills through workshops, seminars and meetings with.
- The opportunity to plan and strategise for your business in an inspiring and collaborative learning environment
- Regular support and input through sessions with expert mentors on an individual level as well as through group coaching
- Increased knowledge on topics such as business development, communication, sales, branding, business innovation, growing through partnerships, finance and funding
- New perspectives on responsible and sustainable business practices from a social and an environmental perspective, as well as tangible tools for measuring your value creation
- Increased self-awareness as a leader and a deepened understanding of how to build effective and motivated teams
- A strong and active network of likeminded women entrepreneurs
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 2
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa costs
You are welcome to submit your application if you are a woman entrepreneur between the age of 22 and 45 with a business that:
- Is already operational;
- Has the potential to develop a financially sustainable business model, generate a positive social impact, and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Is based in Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco or Palestine.
In addition you should:
- Have a proficient command of both written and spoken English;
Be willing to pay it forward by contributing at least two hours of pro bono mentorship to a junior entrepreneur in your home country during the program.
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. These are the steps in the application process:
- Download and fill out the She Entrepreneurs 2019 application form
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of one reference person
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
For more information, visit Swedish Institute.