School for Social Entrepreneurs Community Business Trade Up Program 2019
Deadline: February 14, 2019
Applications are open for the Community Business Trade Up Program 2019. The Program focuses on growing income of community businesses in England; from trading, to improve impact and sustainability.
Run by the School for Social Entrepreneurs, in partnership with Power to Change, this program has already supported 130 community businesses. In the first cohort of the program, community businesses typically increased their income from trading by 92% in one year. The learning program runs from June 2019 to March 2020.
The program offers:
- A learning program: 12 days spread over nine months
- A Match Trading grant of up to £10,000
- A community of people running organisations like yours
There is no cost to you at any point.
- Open to community businesses who want to grow by increasing their sales (trading). A community business is run by and for a local community. Its profits are reinvested for the benefit of that community;
- They will be working towards these criteria:
- Locally rooted
- Accountable to the local community;
- Trading for the benefit of the local community;
- Making a broad community impact
For more information, visit Community Business Trade Up Program.