Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships 2019/2020 at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Deadline: March 24, 2019
Applications are invited for the Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships 2019/2020. The MSc Global Mental Health course is a joint program provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London (KCL).
The program of study aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to initiate, develop and oversee mental health programs and/or policies in low-resource settings, as well as to conduct and critically evaluate research on global mental health. These skills and knowledge will make it possible for students to make valuable contributions in the domains of research, policy and practice as they relate to the discipline of global mental health.
Each scholarship will cover
- Full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate, and
- A stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,950.00, and
- An allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses.
- Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
- Africa: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa
- South-east Asia: Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- South America: Nicaragua, Peru
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Language Requirements if shortlisted for this funding. Applicants who have been short-listed for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further.
To apply for this funding applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health program through the King’s College London online application portal.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. The scholarship application must include the following uploaded documents
- A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship, and
- Proof of your application submission, or Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2019-20 MSc Global Mental Health program, and
- English Proficiency score results (if you have these already).
For more information, visit Johnson & Johnson.