IBRO African Regional Committee (IBRO-ARC) Bursaries 2019 (Up to €4,000)
Deadline: February 20, 2019
Applications are open for the IBRO African Regional Committee (IBRO-ARC) Bursaries 2019. The International Brain Research Organisation African Regional Committee (IBRO-ARC) offers awards to young African researchers who have graduated with a Ph.D. or equivalent degree (in fundamental or clinical research) and who have demonstrated their ability to carry out independent research.
Potential candidates should look for a host institution (within Africa or abroad) and provide a research proposal and detailed information on how the funds will be spent. Strong justification must be provided ensuring the applicant will return home after the exchange, in addition to an explanation of how the newly gained knowledge and skills will be used to advance neuroscience research in their home country.
- Up to €4,000 each is awarded to successful researchers
- Candidate should be resident in Africa
- Be 45 years or younger
- Have published significant research achievements in fundamental or clinical neuroscience
Selection criteria include academic credentials of the applicant and the host, as well as the quality of the research proposal (complete with a structured research plan). The duration of such exchanges should be a minimum of four weeks.
- Please ensure your referee and host email IDs are correct before submitting your application. They will receive an automated email request for reference letters;
- Please have your referees and host check their incoming and spam inboxes. In the event the above request is not received, any further enquiry should come directly from the referee or host via email to [email protected] .
- It is your responsibility to check with your referees and host if they have received the reference email request and if they have submitted the form. Due to the high volume of email received by the IBRO Secretariat, we will not reply to individual emails concerning this.
- Any correction of referee and host email ID after submission can only be done by re-submitting a new application.
For more information, visit IBRO-ARC.