Dalai Lama Fellowship Program 2019 for Emerging Leaders (Fully-funded)
Deadline: January 31, 2019
The Dalai Lama Fellowship Program 2019 is now open for applications. The Dalai Lama Fellows (DLF) experience is an immersive, year-long commitment that mentors each Fellow through a leadership curriculum inspired by exemplary leaders like the Dalai Lama.
The Fellowship offers emerging leaders a rigorous, interdisciplinary program on ways to be a different kind of leader, a leader that connects and cares for self, extends genuine compassion to others, and works for our common humanity. Fellows cultivate practices in mind training for increasing self-awareness, self-care and resilience, for connecting with others and working across differences, and in building solutions for generations to come.
Over the course of a year, with the support of mentors and coaches, each Fellow designs and implements an original Field Project addressing a global challenge. Upon graduation, Fellows join a LifeLong Community, where they connect with and support each other while continuing to advance their leadership journeys.
- A Global Leadership Curriculum: Collaborating with experts from around the globe from Thupten Jinpa, the Dalai Lama’s translator and renowned author, to Marshall Ganz from the Harvard Kennedy School, over the last six years, we have created a distinctive, immersive leadership curriculum which builds a skill-set, complementary to the cognitive and commercial education that Fellows typically acquire in school.
- The Global Assembly: Fellows attend a week-long Global Assembly, where they will have the opportunity to cultivate mindfulness practices and learn new perspectives on leadership and social change. By engaging in workshops and dialogues throughout the week and sharing stories and experiences from diverse cultural backgrounds, Fellows leave the Assembly with lifelong friendships and a reimagined sense of leadership in our global world.
- A LifeLong Commitment: The Dalai Lama Fellowship is not a one-year experience. It is a LifeLong commitment to becoming skilled in Reimagining Leadership and advancing the movement to build a world that works for all of us and for generations to come
They provide each Project Fellow with:
- Immersion in their distinctive yearlong Head, Heart, Hands leadership curriculum;
- One-on-one coaching to support their projects in social change and personal development as contemplative and collaborative leaders;
- Participation in two week-long Global Assembly with Fellows from around the world and dynamic faculty; and
- LifeLong affiliation in our global learning community and support system.
- The application is open to all students from any institution and any country who are drawn to our approach to reimagined leadership.
- The program is focused on next-generation leaders (individuals between 20-35 years of age)
- Applicants must be enrolled in undergraduate and graduate schools at the time of applying and who intend to be enrolled and on campus during their Fellowship year.
- They also accept applications from individuals whom are no longer enrolled in school but that fall in this age range and whom are committed to work in social change.
In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, a candidate must demonstrate the following through the application:
- Next generation leader who is between ages 20-35 years;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year;
- Description of project of social change/justice that can be undertaken over the year;
- In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the proposed project is seeking to work in and address, preferably with more than one year of previous experience working with the community in question;
- Commitment to participating in our online learning platform, which hosts our year-long curriculum;
- Attendance at week-long Global Assembly in June 2019 and again in June 2020, participation in monthly coaching calls through video conference, participation in monthly group calls with other Fellows, completion of curriculum, and peer-to-peer interaction on the platform.
Applications consist of:
- Your Resume/CV
- Applicant Background and Overview
- One reference
- Essay Questions
- Application Video
For more information, visit Dalai Lama Fellows.