Digital Lab Africa Competition for Start-ups 2019 (42,000 ZAR prize)
Deadline: January 13, 2019
Applications are invited for the Digital Lab Africa for Start-ups 2019. The Digital Lab Africa call for projects targets artists, producers, designers, start-ups, students in the media and creative industries.
DLA is looking for projects at initial stage of development, in need of partners and financial support and innovative in terms of narration, content or technologies. The objective of Digital Lab Africa is to provide a springboard to the creators of next-generation content and to make their project happen with the support of French & Sub-Saharan African leading companies such as Lagardère Studios, ARTE or Triggerfish Animation.
- Web Creation
- Virtual Reality
- Video Game
- Digital Music
- The 10 winning projects (2 projects per category) are granted with a 42,000 ZAR cash prize and a Digital Lab Africa Incubation Pass to accelerate their project
- Each of the 10 projects holders are mentored by both French and African experts to benefit from the expertise of several ecosystems. They benefit from access to Dassault Systèmes’ global expertise network for support, management and services they need for their projects development
- Alongside the DLA mentorship program, the 10 mentees have the opportunity to be immersed in those ecosystems thanks to residency programs within digital clusters and participation in benchmark industry events in France or in Sub-Saharan African region. The expected outcome of DLA incubation program is market ready content.
- Open to anyone from the field of digital content creation: artists, producers, designers, start-ups, SMEs, collectives, students or entrepreneurs, based in Sub-Saharan Africa or a national of a country in this region.
- Download the call for project presentation and rules
- Complete the online application form
- Email the following application files (in French or in English) to [email protected] before January 13th, 2019
- Pitch deck / Presentation document (PDF, PowerPoint or Word) including:
- project’s overview, concept, statement of intent…
- development and production schedule, provisional budget, target audience and strategy
- Visual element and/or research document
- Storyboard / mood board / graphics / portfolio / screenplay (for web creation, animation or VR projects
- Game design document (for video game projects)
- Any preview, pilot or video demo of the project (if available, for all types of projects)
- A cover letter explaining why you want to be part of the DLA Mentorship & Incubation program (1-page maximum)
- A resume/curriculum vitae of the applicant and/or description of the company represented
- A picture (.jpeg) of the applicant
For more information, visit DLA.