Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific Discovery and Technological Innovation 2018/2019
Deadline: December 6, 2018
Nominations are open for the Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific Discovery and Technological Innovation 2018/2019. The Prize is intended to reward and honor African scientists who have made outstanding contributions in scientific discovery or technological innovation.
The AAS seeks to promote and foster growth of a vibrant African scientific community, and to stimulate and nurture the spirit of scientific discovery and technological innovation that would serve socio-economic development in Africa. The Chief Obasanjo Prize will be awarded to each of the following fields:
- Information and communication technologies, and
- Material sciences.
The Prize, which shall be awarded every two years, has three components:
- Cash award of US$5,000 but this may periodically be reviewed and adjusted by the Governing Council (GC) of The AAS;
- Gold Medal inscribed; and a
- Citation – in a form of certificate.
- The Prize may be awarded to an individual or jointly to two or more persons who will share the cash award in equal amounts;
- The AAS will provide airfares to, within and from the selected venue, and all reasonable expenses arising from the Award program.
- Open to all African scientists and technologists and does not recognize gender, ethnic, or geographical differences;
- National scientists and Fellows in the employment of or who serve as senior advisors to The AAS are not eligible for nomination;
- Similarly, the award may not be made to any person who is a current member of the Governing Organ of The AAS. Similarly, the award may not be made to any person who is a current member of the Governing Organ of The AAS.
Nominations are to be submitted on the AAS Ishango Online System. Self nominations will be accepted. Please follow the instructions below.
- Get to the AAS Ishango Online System
- Register as a new user if you have not used the system before. If you have used the system before please proceed to the fourth step
- The system will email you a temporary password
- Follow the link https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/ again to access the system
- Go to existing user and log in with your password (first time users will be requested to replace their temporary password with one of their choice)
- Once you log in go to new grant application and go to click here
- Select The Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific and Technological Innovation and click on apply to begin filling in the online form.
- Once you have provided all the required information, please validate and submit the form.
For more information, visit Olusegun Obasanjo Prize.