Harvard Kennedy School Dubin Graduate Fellowship for Emerging Leaders 2019 (Funded)
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Applications are open for the Dubin Fellows Program for Emerging Leaders 2019 at Harvard Kennedy School. The Fellowship is for master’s degree students at Harvard Kennedy School who have demonstrated strong character, academic excellence, the ability to thrive and lead in the face of diversity, and a commitment to making a transformative impact on the communities they serve.
Fellows are expected to take part in the following:
- Welcome Retreat: CPL Fellows interact with and get to know one another and begin the process of supporting one another’s aspirations as leaders.
- Leadership Discussion Series: On a weekly basis, the fellows engage one another as well as eminent practitioners and local and national leaders on topics of service and leadership.
- Connection with CPL and Dubin Fellows Network: Fellows engage with these other emerging leaders as they begin their careers through opportunities like roundtable discussions, mentoring experiences with fellowship alumni, leadership skills workshops, and networking events.
- Dubin Fellows are awarded a scholarship up to full tuition and health fees for up to two years, depending on the length of their graduate degree program;
- Fellows are eligible for a stipend up to $5000 to support unpaid summer internships or professional development;
- Dubin Fellows will participate in a robust cocurricular program offered by the Center for Public Leadership.
- Award decisions will be primarily merit-based but with a consideration of financial need as determined by the HKS Student Financial Services;
- Two-year degree program students will receive funding for both academic years, as well as support for unpaid summer internships, contingent upon the successful completion of year one;
- Active participation in the cocurricular program is a requirement of all fellows for the duration of their award;
- This opportunity is open to domestic and international students entering any of Harvard Kennedy School’s master’s degree programs;
- Successful applicants will demonstrate their potential as emerging leaders by evidencing strong character, excellent academic credentials, a commitment to pursue a career with transformative impact on society, and the ability to thrive and lead in the face of adversity.
- A biographical profile, not to exceed 150 words. (This profile should be short, concise and in the third person.) Please include the following highlights: an introductory sentence including your name; the degree you are pursuing at Harvard Kennedy School in addition to any joint degree at Harvard or concurrent degree program at another graduate or professional institution; where you are from and where you currently reside; an overview and highlights of your relevant work/professional experience; significant leadership achievements including awards or certifications; and educational credentials with the degrees earned and institutions attended
- A document containing written responses to essay questions related to your interest and commitment to leading change in communities of adversity. Specific questions will be listed on the Dubin Fellowship application form on Financial Services website.
- Step 1: Apply to Harvard Kennedy School: Application deadline is Monday, December 3, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Step 2: Apply for the Fellowship: Application deadline for the Dubin Fellowship is early February, 2019.
For more information, visit Dubin Graduate Fellowship.