Chivas Venture Competition for Social Entrepreneurs 2019 (Win a share of $1 Million in funding)
Deadline: October 31, 2018
Applications are now open for Chivas Venture 2019. They are looking for social entrepreneurs from around the world who are using business to create a better future. Every year, the Chivas Venture gives away $1 million in no-strings funding to social entrepreneurs, who blend profit with purpose to have a positive impact on the world.
The Chivas Venture is an annual competition to find and support the most promising social entrepreneurs, who use business to solve social and/or environmental issues. Since 2014, Chivas has been funding and mentoring entrepreneurs who use business to tackle the world’s biggest social and environmental issues.
- Global exposure
- A share of $1million dollars in no-strings funding
- A 3-day Accelerator Programme in the UK
- A bunch of world-changing new friends.
- The founder, co-founder or a key decision-maker who will represent your business throughout the competition.
- You must be aged 25 years old or over (as of 31 October 2018)
- Speak fluent English.
- Your start-up must already be registered as a for-profit entity in the country you’re located, and earn no more than $1.5 million in annual revenue (from 1 September 2017 to 1 September 2018).
- Candidates must apply to the competition in one of the participating countries, for a chance to join the global final and win a share of $1million.
To enter the competition, your business must be registered in one of the following countries:
- Argentina or Uruguay
- England or Wales
- Scotland or Northern Ireland
- South Africa
Every submission will be assessed across the following criteria:
- Market opportunity & Need (Is there a big social or environmental problem to solve, and clear gap in the market?)
- Business model & Team (Do you have the right solution & team in place to make money while doing good?)
- Measurable Social impact (Do you drive transformational impact and do you measure it?)
- Scalability potential (Can you scale, and could you ever transform a million lives, or end the problem you’re solving?)
- Financials (Do you have sound financial projections and will Chivas Venture funding be catalytic of growth & impact?)
- Quality of the pitch & passion of the representative (in final stages only)
In short – they are looking for businesses that not only have the potential to succeed and turn a profit, but also can demonstrate that having a positive impact is at the heart of their business venture.
If your business was created to make a positive impact in the world, they want to hear from you.
For more information, visit Chivas Venture.