OPEN Media Hub Funding Program for Investigative Stories 2018 (Up to €8,000)
Deadline: August 19, 2018
Applications are open for the OPEN Media Hub Funding Program for Investigative Stories 2018. Broadcast and online media outlets in the Eastern Neighbourhood countries are invited to propose investigative stories on important regional issues and issues related to the European Union and their respective countries’ relations with the European Union.
The OPEN Media Hub will provide successful candidates with the financial means and practical guidance to produce and disseminate such coverage at an appropriate quality level. This call also seeks to increase the amount of analytic, in-depth quality programming available for the audience in these countries and available for distribution regionally and internationally via the project’s Content Exchange Platform.
Besides receiving production support, OPEN Media Hub will propose for those who will be selected to further participate in a pitching session in front of a panel of European media in Berlin this autumn in order to envisage a possible co-production with them. This opportunity might permit further funding of their stories.
The amount of support will always take the topic, media outlet, and country into account and be proportionate to the typical prices and rates in your country. The disbursement will be up to a maximum of €8,000 per application, depending on length/formats, for example:
- Online long read maximum amount is €1,500
- 12’ minutes TV report + 3 social media + 1 Online long read: €5,000
- 26’ minutes TV report: €4,500
- 52’ minutes TV report : €8,000
- Open to News organisations (e.g., TV stations, online news companies);
- Journalistic organisations (e.g., associations, foundations) if they can demonstrate a publication commitment from a media outlet;
- Audio-visual production companies;
- Journalists acting on behalf of any of the above
- All applicants must demonstrate that they are duly authorised by the legal entity backing them, and by producing a letter of intent from an authorised representative. This letter must state an eligible media outlet’s intention to broadcast or publish the eventual production, including an indication of the date(s) and context(s) of the planned broadcast or publication.
- Eligible Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
All the required documents must be submitted together with the filled-in online form. If selected, for contracting, applicants agree to submit letter of intent, intended budget, waivers and risk assessments.
For more information, visit OPEN Media Hub Funding Program.