BIRN Summer School of Investigative Reporting 2018 for Journalists from the Balkans (Scholarships Available)
Deadline: July 15, 2018
Applications are invited for the BIRN Summer School of Investigative Reporting Scholarship 2018 for Journalists from the Balkans. This is a great opportunity for all those who wish to improve their investigative skills and learn the latest tricks from media experts. This year’s BIRN Summer School of Investigative Reporting will be held from August 19 to 25 in Poiana Brasov, a Romanian resort best known for winter sports but also for hiking and other activities.
BIRN will be gathering some of the world’s best-known editors and trainers to teach the course members investigative tips and tricks. Successful applicants will be provided with excellent possibilities for networking – and the possibility of getting a grant for a story idea.
- A limited number of full scholarships will be available to exceptional candidates. These will be awarded on merit and the basis of need. They may additionally cover up to €100 in travel costs.
- Scholarships are available to journalists from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania and Serbia with at least three years of experience in journalism.
- Applicants must supply a sample of their published work translated into English.
Applicants are to submit the following materials in their application:
- Completed application form
- Letter of motivation
- Sample of work (for scholarship applicants only)
For more information, visit BIRN Summer School of Investigative Reporting.