Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) Venture Showcase Series A 2018
Deadline: August 20, 2018
Applications are open for the VC4A Venture Showcase Series A 2018. Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) is looking for 8 innovative, high-growth scale-ups to showcase at Africa Early Stage Investor Summit on November 11-12, 2018 in Cape Town. Are you operating in Africa, generating revenue and looking to raise your Series A round in the range of $250K and $5M? This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
In 2017, they showcased 20 scale-ups from the XL Africa program as part of the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit, resulting in a number of Series A deals totalling over $12M. Building on this success, the ‘VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A’ is now integrated as a central component of their annual Summit. This is an exclusive opportunity to introduce your company at once to everyone who’s anyone in Africa’s early-stage investment space.
- Engage with assigned mentors (partner VC investors) and VC4A team to prepare your 3-minute and 20-minute presentations, as well as 2-pagers with investor data as part of the deal book;
- Be prepared to travel to Cape Town in the period of November 9-16, 2018 to attend the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit and be part of the VC4A Venture Showcase.
- All expenses paid trip to Cape Town on Nov 9-16, 2018
- 3 minutes pitch on the main stage of the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit
- 20 min deep-dive session with investors in a private room
- Two days of networking with investors, including Speaker Cocktail and Industry Leaders dinner
- Mentorship and pitch training by partner VC investors
- Opportunity to attend and pitch at partner events AfricaCom and AfricArena
- Your company is for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- You have a product or service available on the market and generate revenue;
- Your product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale;
- You have a very strong management team of at least 3 people;
- Your team is based in one or more countries on the African continent;
- You are seeking Series A investment in the range of $250K – $5M;
- While there will be exceptions, most likely your startup has already received external investment, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep. Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Innovativeness and Scalability (25%): Your company addresses a real problem in the market in a clearly innovative way. Your product or service is different to others in the industry. Your business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale.
- Strategy for Growth (25%): There is potential to expand into new markets or expand at home. You have a clear strategy how to grow your company and VC4A can see demonstrable progress in terms of customer acquisition plans, new contracts, and key partnerships.
- Management team (25%): The team has the qualifications needed to make the business successful.
- Market Traction & Financials (25%): They will evaluate your market traction and look at the potential market size. They will also look at your business model, revenue streams and unit economics, and if any outside funding has been raised before.
For more information, visit VC4A Venture Showcase Series A.