Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Global Awards for Women’s Empowerment 2018 ($100,000 Prize)
Deadline: August 31, 2018
Are you working on women’s initiatives? Does your work involve advancing gender equality? This is your chance to win! Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Global Award for Women’s Empowerment 2018 is officially open! The award seeks to honor Individual women’s empowerment champions, civil society, public and private institutions.
The award aims to:
- Highlight the contribution of the public and private sector, civil society and women’s rights champions to worldwide efforts for the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Promote women’s empowerment and equality between men and women.
- Encourage innovative approaches and solutions to achieve women’s empowerment in policy and programming, and to provide a global space to celebrate these achievements.
- Foster creative and inclusive thinking by communities to collaborate to achieve women’s empowerment, recognizing that equality for all, means prosperity for all and sustainable development for communities and nations.
- A prize of $100,000 USD will be awarded to winner in each of the four categories
- Individual women’s empowerment champions, civil society, public and private institutions are encouraged to apply;
- Applicants in all the categories must meet the following criteria:
- Have introduced a new concept for women’s empowerment aligned to sustainable development goals, and goal 5 in particular, the Beijing Platform for Action, CEDAW and other global instruments related to women´s empowerment, in the context of our organization/country/region;
- Have used creativity and innovation to address challenges of gender inequality, using new solutions to address old problems;
- Are able to measure change as a result of our work on women´s empowerment;
- Have provided increased access to high quality and affordable service delivery for women;
- Are working towards ending all forms of violence against women and girls, including harmful practices and attitudes;
- Have introduced changes in employment policies, including recruitment, promotion, training, compensation and career management policies, to bridge the gender gap in women in the workforce, management positions and the gender pay gap;
- Are working towards women in leadership positions in public and private life, and women´s meaningful engagement in policy and legislative decision making;
- Are working towards engaging women in peace and security processes, including promoting women´s rights to be in peace negotiations and to be meaningfully engaged in political transitions;
- Have introduced legislative and policy measures that further the rights of women in our community/institution/government;
- Are able to communicate our results, show that it can be taken to scale, and demonstrate sustainability;
- Have engaged youth, and young women in particular, in addressing the challenges and identifying solutions.
- Apply as a Public Sector here
- Apply as a Private Sector here
- Apply as a Civil Society here
- Apply as an Individual Champion here
For more information, visit Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Global Awards.