Peace Revolution Amandla East and Southern Africa Fellowship 2018 (Funded)
Deadline: June 30, 2018
Peace Revolution, a World Peace Initiative’s project invites applications to the 3rd Amandla East and Southern Africa Fellowship. The training starts with 21 Days online self-development program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; develop the tool for inner peace.
The fellowship offers 4 days intensive training program on mindfulness and mental training that will provide participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner and outer peace. The fellowship will further equip participants with tools they can use to realise a sustainable world peace. Participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Effective concentration
- Living in the present
- Developing mental tough and increased productivity
- Stress management
- Non-violent communication
- Mental clarity
- Multifaceted peace development
The fellowship covers:
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation to and from the retreat centre for internationals
- be African nationals residing in Eastern and Southern Africa (Burundi, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Djibouti, Comoros, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Egypt, Somalia, Malawi, Mozambique, Sudan, South Sudan, Botswana, Seychelles, Lesotho, Madagascar, Angola, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mayotte, Reunion and Mauritius).
- be 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support. Applicants above 32 years of age will be considered for support on a case to case basis.
- have completed at least 21 days of the 42-day online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed 21 days of the online self-development program yet.
- have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- be optimistic, open-minded, is a leader or shows leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace building.
- send a recommendation letter from their organizations/institutions.
International successful applicants shall pay a non-refundable commitment fee of 100USD while local participants pay 50 USD before the arrival to the retreat site (by Bank transfer or Western Union)
- Completion of at least 21 days of the online self-development programme.
- Show of interest in meditation and self-development
- Even distribution of participant from the eligible countries
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to world peace
- Commitment to adhere to the program of activities during the time of the fellowship
For more information, visit Peace Revolution.