World Youth Alliance Internship Program 2018
Deadline: Varies by region
The World Youth Alliance Internship Program 2018 is now open for applications. The World Youth Alliance Internship Program provides opportunities for young people who are inspired by the ideas and work of the World Youth Alliance (WYA) to gain professional skills working on WYA’s projects and a substantive learning experience on WYA’s core ideas.
Projects are designed to enhance each student’s specific academic background and interests. Interns receive mentorship and training from WYA staff members.
Regional Internships. They offer internships in all of their regional offices. Many of the interns accepted into the New York internship first complete a regional internship, are active WYA members in their country, and receive recommendations on their outstanding work.
The regional offices include:
- Africa (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Asia Pacific (Manila, Philippines)
- Europe (Brussels, Belgium)
- Latin America (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Middle East (Beirut, Lebanon)
- North America (New York, USA)
Headquarters Internships. WYA offers internships for young people of varied educational and expertise backgrounds. Applicants can apply for any of the other regional offices only after completing a regional internship. Once accepted into the internship, applicants will be matched to a position that best corresponds to their interests and skills. The headquarters internship is made of four categories:
- WYA Global Internship
- WYA Marketing Internship
- WYA Advocacy Fellowship
- FEMM Internship
Externships. The WYA Externship lasts for one to two semesters, while members are on campus or at home, and gives them the opportunity to gain first-hand training and experience in networking with students on campus and managing community-level implementation of WYA’s global projects. Additionally, WYA welcomes specialized extern applicants for marketing, social media, and graphic design support. NOTE: Externships are only available in North America.
- Introductory Training. Undergo WYA’s Certified Training Program (CTP) and learn about human rights philosophy and the dignity of the person.
- Project Management. Work on projects suited to your interests and strengths under the supervision of WYA staff.
- Network Building. Attend different events and meet new contacts as you represent WYA in various occasions.
- Open to young people across the world
- Ideal candidates possess a strong desire to protect and promote human dignity while making a positive impact on society.
- Candidates must be proactive, self-driven, resourceful, detail-oriented, and humble individuals with a willingness to learn.
- WYA is not responsible for assisting with or issuing visas for accepted applicants. WYA can only send an invitation letter as proof of acceptance into the internship program.
- Some regional internships provide accommodation. If you require accommodation, please inquire with the regional staff during the interview step of the application.
- Visa and transportation fees will be at the applicant’s expense.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply:
- Click here to apply for regional internships.
- Completed regional application form [Each region has its own application form]
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Only if you are a new member: Your signed copy of the WYA charter
- Click here to apply for headquarters internship.
For more information, visit World Youth Alliance Internship.