Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship Programme 2018 to Study in Poland
Deadline: May 11, 2018
Applications are open for the 4th edition of Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship Programme. The scholarship from the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange aims to support the socio-economic growth of developing countries through raising the level of knowledge and education of their citizens.
The Programme enables free education as part of a second cycle programme of studies in Poland and during a preparatory course for undertaking study in Poland. It also provides a monthly maintenance scholarship from the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange to cover the costs of accommodation and living.
Second cycle degree programmes are preceded by a preparatory course to facilitate undertaking study in Poland, which is also covered by the scholarship, during which scholarship holders gain knowledge of the Polish language, enabling them to take up education. In the case of participants who choose to study in English, the preparatory course can last only one semester.
The Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship Programme enables free education as part of a second cycle programme of studies at a higher education institution supervised by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in the following areas of study:
- natural sciences
- technical sciences
- forestry and
- veterinary sciences.
- Individuals who can apply for a scholarship within the Scholarship are citizens of countries indicated by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs as priority ones for the programme, namely: Angola, Chile, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Myanmar, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, The Republic of South Africa, The Philippines, Senegal, Tanzania and Vietnam
The Scholarship will be offered to the citizens of the above-mentioned countries who:
- are graduates of first cycle programmes (completed no earlier than in 2014) or students of the last year of first cycle programmes in the academic year 2017/2018 in the following areas of study: sciences, natural sciences, technical sciences, agricultural, forestry and veterinary sciences;
- do not hold a magister (Master’s) r magister inżynier (Master of Science) degree;
- have a certificate confirming proficiency in English of at least B2 level;
- are neither graduates nor students of Polish higher education institutions.
Candidates are selected on the basis of a competitive procedure, based on the quality assessment of applications carried out by reviewers of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange who are academics working in higher education institutions.
Candidates independently choose a higher education institution and degree programme from among the educational offers of Polish public higher education institutions.
- a scan of the passport (page with photo);
- an ID photo;
- a description of the proposed master’s thesis according to the following specifications: 1.5- 2 A4 pages, font 12, spacing 1.5; the required elements of the description are: a proposal for a topic, a research problem and method;
- a copy of a first cycle programme graduation diploma and diploma supplement, or in the case of final-year students of first cycle programmes, an official document showing confirmation of the grades obtained in the last exam session, along with the planned date of graduation1;
- a copy of a certificate confirming proficiency in English of at least B2 level or a copy of a certificate/diploma confirming the completion of a post-primary school, in which classes were taught in English.
- a medical certificate stating lack of contraindications to take up studies in a given field (issued no earlier than on 1st of September 2017)
For more information, visit Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship.