Global Innovation Exchange (GIE) Digital Pitch Contest 2018
Deadline: June 30, 2018
Share your investible story to take part in the Global Innovation Exchange Digital Pitch Contest 2018. This unique contest is designed to benefit all applicants and participants while awarding prizes to the best digital pitches for development-focused innovations.
The Digital Pitch Contest is powered by Global Innovation Exchange, a tech platform that aims to accelerate innovation in developing countries. GIE helps innovative social entrepreneurs fundraise more effectively, funders make smarter innovation funding decisions and other development professionals learn more about innovation in developing countries.
- Grand Prize: Video Production, 1-on-1 Coaching, Investment Toolkit & More (USD$ 15,000 Estimated Value): One social enterprise with the best digital pitch will win this package including:
- Storytelling advisory and production of a short promotional video for your social enterprise by Vivid Story.
- 3 hours of personalized pitch coaching by the renowned Nathan Gold.
- A feature in the Global Innovation Exchange newsletter and potential media coverage.
- Plus, everything from the finalist and semi-finalist rounds.
- Finalists: Investment Toolkit & More (Estimated Value of $1,200): Four social enterprises with promising digital pitches will win a runner’s up package including:
- Free access to the CASE Smart Impact Capital toolkit from Duke University.
- Plus, expert review during semi-finalist round.
- Semi-Finalists: Expert Review: Top semi-finalists with the best digital pitches will be selected for expert review by funders, industry thought-leaders and marketing experts from the U.S. Agency for International Development, Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs, SecondMuse, Results for Development and more. They will have a chance to improve their pitch before the 5 Finalists are selected for final review.
- Innovations can, be created anywhere in the world but they must be implemented in (or intended to be) in a developing country, or low and middle income countries as defined by the World Bank;
- Innovations must be addressing at least one global challenge as defined by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals;
- Innovation must be currently active with at least one full-time staff member dedicated to the innovation and excited to take it to the next level. That is, you must be able to dedicate time to benefit from the grand prize. Your social enterprise does not need to be incorporated or registered and the innovation can be at any stage, including ideation as long as there is one dedicated staff member working on the specific innovation or social enterprise you have submitted for consideration;
- Innovation profiles must be submitted in English;
- Individuals submitting the application and on the leadership team for the innovation must be over 18 years of age at the time of submission (Documentation may be required).
To be considered, you must complete your innovation profile on Global Innovation Exchange (GIE), and submit a quick interest form. For your innovation profile, follow the below requirements:
- Complete the following fields: Innovation Name, One Liner, Stage number and description, Problem, Solution and Competitive Advantage.
- If you have a website and social media profiles, those must be added. GIE will verify this.
- Add milestones that demonstrate your innovation’s progress to date such as key partnerships and funds raised. GIE understands that this may vary based on the stage of your innovation. They will verify this against information on your website and other public sources.
For more information, visit Digital Pitch Contest.