CTA Corporate Services/Human Resources Internship 2018 (Fully-funded to the Netherlands)
Deadline: March 14, 2018
The Technical Center for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is offering a Corporate Services/Human Resources internship opportunity. They have internship position to fill in the Corporate Services Department. This department meets all of the Center’s needs in the areas of infrastructure, budget management, personnel management, contract affairs, information and technology.
CTA is a joint international institution of the ACP (Africa, Caribbean, Pacific) and European Union (EU) states. Its mission is to improve food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries through innovations for sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
For CTA, ACP agriculture can and must become a dynamic, modern and sustainable economic activity, creating value for small producers, entrepreneurs, young people and women, and producing affordable, nutritious and healthy food for everyone.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Corporate Services Manager and the Human Resources Manager, the intern will support the Human Resources team in the following areas:
- Recruitment activities:
- Provide support in finding candidates, posting job postings on different channels, preselecting applications, coordinating meetings and interviews, setting up a conference room with the required computer communication channels (Skype / Gotomeeting).
- Assist in implementing the HR Recruitment Module and in developing / improving the experience of external candidates.
- Provide support for welcoming new employees and trainees.
- Support the HR team to brainstorm ideas for improving the brand image of CTA employers and digital communication.
- Human Resources Services and Policy Implementation:
- Assist in the revision of policies and procedures and the development of standardized guidelines and operating procedures.
- Update of HR information on Intranet.
- Use digital animation tools to support the various HR activities.
- Support any other Common Services related activity as requested by the Internship Leaders.
- Participation in CTA’s activities will give you valuable experience.
- Paid internship (800 euros per month for a holder of a license, 1000 euros for a Master’s degree holder).
- Payment of transportation costs to join and leave the Center.
- Medical cover in case of emergency of illness and accident, for the whole duration of the internship.
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Administration or related field.
- Recent graduate, 29 years old maximum.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the Centre’s two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work effectively with staff at all levels and in particular within a team
- Good command of Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, taking initiative and delivering high-quality customer service.
- Interest in digital animation tools such as “Powtoon.com” and its application to HR related services would be an asset.
CTA is committed to the principle of employment equity. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘CS/HR Internship Application’.
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format;
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- A letter of recommendation and/or references.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interested candidates are required to send the documents listed below via email to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email: [email protected].
For more information, visit CTA Internship.