World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Accelerator Programme 2018-2019 (Fully-funded to Qatar)
Deadline: April 24, 2018
The call for application for the 2018-2019 WISE Accelerator is now open! The World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) is an initiative of Qatar Foundation (QF) designed to support the development of innovative education initiatives with high potential for scalability and positive impact.
Have you recently launched an education project that is using or designing new technologies? You have progressed beyond proof of concept. You are confident of your goals. But to move ahead, you would benefit from the perspectives and specialized assistance of experts. If you are ready to develop your project and connect with new partners or investors, the WISE Accelerator program could make a decisive difference for you!
Five projects are selected annually to join the one-year program.Selected projects receive the guidance and expertise of qualified mentors and partners who provide effective strategies and practical support for their further development.
Throughout the year they benefit from tailor-made mentorships to address specific needs. The WISE Accelerator assists the selected projects to connect with an international network, and create opportunities to share knowledge and find support among potential donors and investors.
The year-long program aims to take the selected initiatives to the next stage in their development.
Key milestones in the 2018-2019 process are:
- Kick-off week of activities
- Needs assessment
- Tailor-made support by the WISE Accelerator team and partner organizations
- Peer Mentorship by experts and leaders in education and education technology
- Opportunity to participate in international events organized by WISE
- Ongoing communication and international visibility
- One on one meetings with potential partners, investors and donors
All education initiatives that use or link technology to their DNA are encouraged to apply!
Ideal candidates for the WISE Accelerator will be existing initiatives at an early stage of development, with the following attributes:
- Established for at least one year;
- A growing number of beneficiaries or customers;
- A record of activities with a product or service that has been implemented and beyond proof of concept;
- Existing stable revenues;
- A dedicated team, with an established physical space or office;
- Deep knowledge of the market/educational context and of their beneficiaries’ or customers’ needs;
- Motivation to develop further;
- Understanding of the project’s current challenges
For-profit and non-profit initiatives from all regions of the world are invited to apply to the WISE Accelerator.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Solution and innovation
- Strategy and management
- Development beyond proof of concept and potential for growth
- Knowledge of the market/space where they operate
Applications for the program must be submitted in English through the online system.
Please read the Guidance Note carefully before submitting your application.
For more information, visit WISE Accelerator.