Singapore Commonwealth Fellowship in Innovation 2018/2019 (Fully-funded to the UK)
Deadline: March 10, 2018
Applications are ongoing for the Singapore Commonwealth Fellowship in Innovation. This Fellowship will support the successful applicant to undertake a fixed term placement in the UK at a university, in a business or in another body. The placement should not simply be an internship or work shadow opportunity but include an aspect of research or development in an innovation related area.
Innovation is a particular strength of the UK, and a really important facet of its partnership with Singapore. Innovation and reinvention have been at the heart of the Singapore story. Both countries believe science is inherently valuable in its own right, but it is through innovation – the practical application of new discoveries and developments – that we are able to address challenges and drive economic growth.
The Singapore Commonwealth Fellowships in Innovation are managed by the Royal Commonwealth Society of Singapore with the support of Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSCUK).
- A Fellowship award will cover the cost of a return economy flight air ticket to the UK plus living expenses in the UK for up to three months, to a maximum of £7,500.
- All Singapore Commonwealth Fellows will become part of the alumni network of Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows in Singapore, and have opportunities to network with the alumni of other prestigious scholarship schemes, such as the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s Chevening Scholarship Scheme.
- Candidates should be citizens of Singapore;
- Have a clear research plan into an area of innovation, of up to three months duration;
- Have a written agreement from a University, Company or other body in the UK that they can undertake their fellowship with them for the time specified;
- Be able to complete their Fellowship by mid-2019.
Applications will be considered on the following basis:
- Academic merit and/or the career achievements of the candidate
- The quality of the proposal
- The benefits of the proposal to Singapore and to UK-Singapore collaboration
Applicants must submit a letter of invitation from the proposed Host organisation in the UK along with their application form and will be asked to provide the contact details of two referees who can be approached for references. Applicants must find and arrange the placements themselves, with the full agreement and invitation of the organisation that will host them.
For more information, visit Singapore Commonwealth Fellowship in Innovation.