Singularity University Global Startup Program 2019
Deadline: January 15, 2019
Applications are invited for the Singularity University Global Startup Program 2019. The Global Startup Program (GSP) is a comprehensive program for startups looking to transform radical ideas into tangible impact on a global scale.
The GSP is a structured, immersive program offering startup-focused educational resources and world-class mentorship from SU’s faculty, staff, and industry experts—in a safe, nurturing environment. The program aims to scale startups into global businesses. They want to inspire you to solve the world’s biggest challenges and impact the lives of a billion people.
The Global Startup Program brings together entrepreneurs from around the world for structured, immersive workshops and intensive fieldwork in multiple locations around the globe, as well as continued access to support and resources via a best-in-class connectivity platform.
They will start by helping you cultivate a new mindset and toolset to overcome the challenges of technological disruption. Next, they will work with you to accelerate your time to product-market fit, transform your startup from an idea to a venture that can help a billion people (“billion-scale”), and connect you with a global community to catalyze results. In short, GSP is designed to help you create a 10x startup at a global level.
The program dates are:
- Denmark Cohort Activate | Copenhagen | April 8 – May 5, 2019
- Denmark Cohort Accelerate | Silicon Valley | June 3 – 30, 2019
- The GSP is for startups aligned with global grand challenges (GGCs) that want to 10x their current startup and scale it globally;
- They are looking for startups that have experience with exponential technology, some level of demonstrated market traction, and an eagerness to radically level-up their business;
- Cohorts include founders from different countries, backgrounds, ages, ethnicities, and cultures, and you’ll find gender diversity in cohorts representing more than 40 countries.
Specifically, here are the attributes of an ideal startup for GSP:
- SU mission alignment: You have a startup in one of the global grand challenge spaces.
- Team: Your startup has at least two full-time co-founders.
- Experience: You have expertise in an exponential technology and/or a key GGC space.
- Time: Your venture is a fully formed entity.
- Traction: You have demonstrated market traction (LOIs, purchase orders, validated trials, sales, etc.).
- Eagerness to learn: You are looking for a substantial shift in mindset and skill set, and are eager to globalize your startup and 10x your impact.
- Location: Anywhere!
- Availability: You are available to travel to a global location like Copenhagen for the Activate (four weeks) phase, and the SU campus in Mountain View for the Accelerate (four weeks) phase.
For more information, visit Global Startup Program.