DAAD Bilateral Exchange of Academics 2019 for Postdoctoral Researchers
Deadline: April 1, 2019
Applications are open for DAAD Bilateral Exchange of Academics. DAAD supports exchanges of scientists and academics from partner countries to improve international relations and bilateral research cooperations between German and foreign universities.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is the world’s largest funding organisation, supporting the international exchange of students and scholars. The basis of these exchanges are cultural exchange programmes and bilateral agreements with foreign partner organisations.
- At least 14 days (for stays from applicants from EU countries as well as from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russian Federation, Ukraine: at least 7 days) up to a maximum of three months. The length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Participants receive monthly stipends of:
- 2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
- 2,150 euros for professors
- Unless otherwise regulated by bilateral agreements, the costs of the outward and return journey are borne by the respective sending country.
- Other payments cannot be made.
Funding can be used for:
- Research stays at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
- Foreign academics and scientists who have usually completed a doctoral degree
- Applicants must be working at a university or research institute in EU countries, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russian Federation, and Ukraine are eligible to apply.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research project
Please note: this programme supports exchanges between scientists and researchers from Germany and its partner countries. Funding is available when German researchers also apply for a research fellowship at the same time.
The application deadline is 01 April 2019 (for visits between September 2019 and April 2020).
For more information, visit DAAD.