Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellowships 2018 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: July 24, 2018
Applications are being accepted for the July Round of the Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellowships 2018. The Fellowship support independent researchers who want to tackle the most important questions in science and who are leaders in their field.
Wellcome Trust exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. They support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate.
The Fellowship includes
- A basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- A fellowship supplement of £12,500 if you’re paid on a non-clinical salary scale
- Personal removal expenses
- Research expenses, including research staff
- You can apply for a Senior Research Fellowship if you’re already leading your own independent research programme. The programme of work you propose must be innovative and ambitious;
- You should have a higher degree (PhD or equivalent) and significant research experience;
- You should be able to show:
- your work is important, original and has impact
- you have made important contributions to your area of research, eg publications, patents, software development or an impact on health policy or practice
- you are developing an international reputation as a research leader in your field
- you’re committed to developing and mentoring less experienced researchers.
- You must have sponsorship from a head of department or equivalent at an eligible host organisation. Your host organisation must be located in one of the following: UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country (only nationals of low- or middle-income countries have this third option).
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
For more information, visit Wellcome Trust UK Senior Research Fellowships.