Media 4 Change International Voluntary Service in Lithuania (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 25, 2018
Media 4 Change has launched the call for volunteer position in EVS project. This is a fantastic opportunity for young journalists from EU countries contribute to the social change and to carry out a period of full time international voluntary service in Lithuania. The call is open to all young people, age 18-30.
Media4change is a powerful movement for highest standards in journalism. Their slogan “Journalism – the Home of Human Rights” means that there are journalists who discover space for journalism ethics and human rights in their works.
Volunteer Service Details
The EVS period is 2018 May/June – 2019 March/April. The activities in which volunteer could be involved:
- Coordinating and managing of the virtual platform for organizations and journalists cooperation, consultation, journalistic investigation, publication.
- Participating in national and international training course for journalists;
- Making press releases in English and spreading it;
- Contributing to the international journalistic campaign, which analyses the roots of intolerant attitudes and behavior and promotes public consciousness.
- Contributing to support and consultation process for journalists after training course.
- Researching the impact of the trainings for journalists: making questionnaires, analyzing and summarizing results and making recommendations for the improvement.
- Developing contact list of institutions and organizations related with ethical journalism;
- Digital and social media campaigns activities.
The activities the volunteers could create in “Media 4 Change”:
Coordinate and administrate virtual platform for journalistic investigation and cooperation among the organizations, journalists, consultants (EN version).
It is free! Travel, accommodation, food and insurance are all covered by the European Union program Erasmus+. You will even receive a personal allowance each month.
They are looking for a volunteer, who:
- Is 18-30 years old;
- Excellent written English skills. Because English language will be one of the tools of activity;
- Has the attitudes and values of human rights;
- Understands basic principles of journalism;
- Has motivation to work with antiracism campaign.
- Is interested in social communications, journalism, and advocacy.
- Is interested to work in civil society organizations in developing advocacy strategies and media activities;
- Has analytical and organizational skills;
- Motivation to communicate clearly and effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds;
It is also preferable if the volunteer:
- Has up-to-date knowledge of digital and social media and their use by human rights activists, including knowledge of key organizations and networks active in the field of digital and social media;
- Is flexible and communicative.
- Would like to edit websites, create videos, logos, banners, posters, etc.
They are waiting for your CV and Cover letter by 25th of March 2018 Applications must be sent to [email protected]
For more information, visit Media 4 Change.