Apply to Speak at the 10th ICT4D Conference in Lusaka, Zambia (Scholarship Available)
Deadline: January 15, 2018
The organizers of the 10th Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) are now accepting speaker applications for the conference taking place in Lusaka, Zambia from 8-10 May, 2018. The conference brings together public, private & civil society organizations from across the humanitarian & international development community. They are looking for practical case studies and presentations on truly cutting-edge applications and innovation in the use of ICT for development.
Speaking is a great way to share your experience in implementing ICT4D solutions, stimulate discussion about the challenges and best practices surrounding their use, and introduce people to new ways of doing relief and development work. Speakers for conference tracks are selected on a competitive basis.
The agenda for the 10th ICT4D Conference 2018 is currently in development. The organizing committee is accepting presentation submissions on truly cutting-edge ICT innovations and applications for the conference tracks below:
- Agriculture and Environment
- Digital Financial Inclusion
- Humanitarian Response
- Health & Nutrition
- Collaboration & Openness In ICT
- Livelihoods & Education
Apply to become a speaker at the 10th ICT4D Conference in Lusaka, Zambia. This is an opportunity lend your voice and insights as a leader, expert and global ambassador to further the advancement of the SDGs.
*A limited number of scholarships are available upon successfully meeting application criteria.
- Open to anyone who is:
- working on cutting-edge ICT4D innovations
- developing new ways of doing relief and development work
- able to speak on the practical use of ICT4D in Agriculture, Health, Nutrition, Education, Livelihoods, Financial Inclusion, and Humanitarian Response
Conference attendees consist of:
C-level executives, senior managers, program leaders, field officers, IT/data managers, and senior technical advisors from disciplines ranging from agriculture, health, education, conservation and disaster management to information and communications technology, data management, GIS/mapping, and financial services.
Representatives of regional and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), civil society and community-based organizations, private sector companies, multilateral and governmental agencies, academic and research institutions, development banks, and aid and development funding organizations.
- January 15, 2018 – deadline for applications to speak
- February 9, 2018 – Selected speakers notified
- If you are not chosen, your application will be saved for second round consideration if presentation spots open up
- Scholarship application is included as part of the speaker application – if you need a scholarship please ensure you fill this part out as well
- Scholarships will be awarded only to selected speakers who qualify for scholarship assistance as demonstrated in their application*
For more information, visit 10th ICT4D Conference.