CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program 2018 – Opportunity for Early Career Researchers Worldwide
Deadline: February 22, 2018
Opportunity for early career investigators! Apply for the CIFAR’s Azrieli Global Scholars program. The program provides funding and support to help scholars build their network and develop essential skills to become the next generation of research leaders.
CIFAR invites exceptional early career researchers to join CIFAR’s global network of 370 researchers from 18 countries who together are pursuing answers to some of the most complex challenges facing the world today. The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding, skills training, mentorship, and opportunities to collaborate with outstanding colleagues from diverse disciplines to position scholars as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
This program is generously supported by the Azrieli Foundation and the Love Family Leadership Development Fund.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
- $100,000 (CAD) in unrestricted research support
- A two-year membership in a CIFAR research program, a global network of top-tier research leaders
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with colleagues from diverse disciplines
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Specialized leadership and communications skills training, and support to put skills into action
- Annual meetings to network, collaborate and form a community with other Global Scholars
- Researchers from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of a full-time academic appointment.
- Please note that postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply to the program.
- Scholars’ research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
In 2018, the eligible programs are:
- Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
- Bio-Inspired Solar Energy
- Gravity & the Extreme Universe
- Humans & the Microbiome
- Molecular Architecture of Life
All applications are submitted online and must include letters of reference.
For more information, visit CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program.