Art Noise Residency Travel Program 2018 (Fully-funded to Africa)
Deadline: May 11, 2018
Applications are now invited for the Art Noise Residency Travel Program 2018. Art Noise is introducing a residency travel program to recruit independent creatives of Africa/Black descent and those of non-African descent as well who have interest in African arts and culture to engage in a three month travel program in over 3 different African countries for 2018.
The Program is designed for independent visual creatives, designers, and cultural studies students across the world and aims at benefiting students by providing them with valuable educational and work experience in contemporary and ancient African arts and culture and by assisting them in accomplishing their goals. There are opportunities to work with various creative sectors and demographics of people in our selected countries.
Art Noise Travel Residency Program invites visual artists, Applied Artists, designers, Art Theorists/writers, cultural students are invited to explore African Arts and Cultures through work-study relationships with contemporary African Artists and Traditional Artisans as well as personal work across three African countries and their communities for a period of 3 months.
The selected African countries to be visited are:
- South Africa
- Lagos (where the final exhibition will take place)
*Due to the instability in some African Countries, the selected countries are subject to change before the start of the residency to ensure the safety of all candidates.
- Allowance, travel, health, accommodation, safety and insurance will be available all to students selected for the program.
- The program provides the opportunity to work within Africa and to gain experience in various areas.
- Open to individuals in any level of education (regardless of their admission status)
- Open to Visual artists, designers and art writers of Africa/Black descent and those of non-African descent as well who have interest in African arts and culture
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 30 years
- Be able to speak English, French, Arabic, Spanish, Portugese or German.
- Artistic ambition
- Social impact
Complete the online application.
For more information, visit Art Noise Residency Travel Program.