24th Onassis Fellowship Program for International Scholars 2018/2019 (Fully-funded to Greece)
Deadline: February 28, 2018
The Onassis Foundation is now accepting applications for its 24th annual International Scholarships For Research In The Fields Of Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences And Εconomic & Finance in Greece. The scholarships for the academic year 2018-2019 which is addressed to non-Greeks, Professors, Postdoctoral Researchers and Ph.D. Candidates for research in Greece on topics linked to greek culture, society or economy. This is an annual program of grants and scholarships for research, study and artistic endeavour within Greece. The educational program is intended exclusively for non-Greeks.
The Foundation announces the twenty-fourth (24th) annual Fellowships Program for International Scholars starting on October 1st, 2018. A total of ten (10) scholarships will be awarded from which three (3) scholarships will be allocated to university professors of all academic ranks, three (3) scholarships to post-graduate researchers and four (4) scholarships to PhD candidates.
The Program covers the following academic fields:
- Educational Studies
- Social Sciences
- Political Science
- International and European Studies
- Social Policy
- Maritime Studies
- Public Finance
- Arts (only Theoretic Studies, artists are not included)
- Art History
- Visual Arts
- Film Studies
- New Media
- Cultural management
It should be stressed that scholarships Category D and E will be awarded in priority to those who explicitly declare that they have arrangements to deliver courses/seminars in the specific field of their research by participating in a teaching (or research) program at a Public Greek University during their stay in Greece for a minimum of eight  hours per month. The said courses and/or seminars will be organized by the Onassis Foundation Department for International Fellowships Scholarships in collaboration with the relevant University Department.
Scholarships for Foreigners are for Categories C, D, or E below:
- Open to PhD Candidates only
- All candidates should be under forty  years of age
- Duration: from  to  months during the academic year Oct. 2018 – Sept. 2019
- Open to University Professors of all levels (PhD holders)
- Full Professors
- Associate Professors
- Assistant Professors & Lecturers who intend to visit Greece in order to carry out research in situ or accomplish a specific research project in collaboration with a scientific institution or organisation in Greece.
- Duration: up to Three  months during the academic year October 2018 – September 2019
- Open to Postdoctoral Researchers who intend to visit Greece in order to carry out research in situ or accomplish a specific research project in collaboration with a scientific institution or organisation in Greece (see below)
- Duration: Three to six [3-6] months during the academic year October 2018 – September 2019
- Coverage of the travel expenses for a round trip air-ticket from and to the country and place where the fellowship recipient permanently resides.
- A monthly allowance for subsistence, accommodation and all other expenses.
- Persons of non-Greek descent
- Cypriot citizens are also eligible to apply for Category D and E fellowship only, provided they permanently reside and work outside Greece
- Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) are also eligible to apply for a fellowship or scholarship, provided they permanently reside and work abroad or currently study in foreign Universities
- Category D and E also applies to Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship provided they have a professional academic career of at least ten (10) years in a University or Research Institute abroad
- The above mentioned clarification (d) also applies to Ph.D. candidates of Greek descent or citizenship, who pursue post-graduate studies outside of Greece (Category C – please see below), have conducted their high school studies and have obtained a degree outside Greece and permanently reside outside Greece for more than fifteen (15) years
- Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation can re-apply for a fellowship only if five (5) years have elapsed since their previous fellowship scholarship.
- Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation who have twice received a fellowship cannot apply again to the Onassis Fellowships Program for International Scholars.
Online at the Foundation’s website: www.onassis.org > Scholarships > Scholarships for Foreigners > Category C, D or E.
Application and Category Requirements
- Read the guidelines carefully.
- Application Form for CATEGORY C: (PhD Candidate)
- Application Form for CATEGORY D: (Professor of all levels)
- Application Form for CATEGORY E: (Post-doctoral Researcher)
For more information, visit 24th Onassis Fellowship Program.