Call for Entries: IIDA Student Design Competition 2017 (Over $4,000 in Prizes)
Deadline: February 5, 2018
Entries are invited for the IIDA Student Design Competition 2017. The Student Design Competition celebrates original design and rewards individuals and/or teams whose projects demonstrate innovative, functional design solutions that have a positive environmental and human impact, while allowing emerging professionals the opportunity to showcase their work and fresh design ideas to professionals working in the field.
The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) is the Commercial Interior Design Association with a global reach. They support design professionals, industry affiliates, educators, students, firms and their clients through their network of 15,000+ members across 58 countries. They advocate for advancements in education, design excellence, legislation, leadership, accreditation, and community outreach to increase the value and understanding of Interior Design as a profession that enhances business value and positively impacts the health and well-being of people’s lives every day.
- 1st Place – $2,500
- 2nd Place – $1,500
- 3rd Place – $750
Prizes to be split amongst team members for team submissions that win. Winners will be announced in the Spring 2018 issue of QUAD, the IIDA student newsletter, and featured in DesignMatters and on the IIDA website.
- Competition is open to graduate and undergraduate students around the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design or architecture program;
- School projects already completed may be reinterpreted and/or edited to meet the requirements of this competition. If the school project was completed as a group, all members must agree in writing to enter the reinterpreted and/or edited project, and all members must be listed as participants on the entry form.
- Individual Entries
- IIDA Student Members: $25
- Non-members: $50
- Team Entries
- IIDA Student Members: $40 (at least one student on the team must be an IIDA Student Member)
- Non-members: $80
A jury of interior design and business professionals will judge entries based on innovation and creativity, coherence and functionality, human impact, fulfillment of program requirements, and presentation of the information.
Your project must be submitted digitally through the competition form.
Each submission must include the following:
- Project/Contact Info:
- Participant name(s)
- Member ID (if a current member)
- Project title
- Contact info
- 500-word project description outlining why your concept demonstrates the best solution for OFS Brands HQ
- One 24”x36” digital presentation board in PDF format not to exceed 5MB containing:
- One Dimensioned floor plan drawn to scale
- One Furniture and materials plan
- You may combine the dimensioned floor plan and furniture plans.
- One Reflected ceiling plan (Assume the ceiling is a blank slate)
- Two to four Renderings of the completed space
- Two Additional drawings of the space (elevation, perspective, isometric, axonometric, orthographic)
- Additional elements to convey the overall concept including, but not limited to, furniture and fixture specifications, color palettes, wall sections, electrical plans, schedules, additional renderings, etc.
- File name: SDC + initials + year_board (SDCLHH2018_board.pdf)
- Individual JPEG digital submissions of the ten to twelve required drawings/renderings outlined above saved as:
- JPG format
- RGB color mode
- Maximum size of 1MB per image
- File name: SDC + initials + year_number (SDCLHH2018_1.jpg)
- Document dimensions not to exceed 11”x17”
For more information, visit IIDA Student Design Competition.