YSEALI Seeds For the Future Small Grants Competition 2018
Deadline: November 15, 2017
The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) is now accepting applications for the 2018 YSEALI Seeds For the Future, a small grants competition for young leaders in Southeast Asia. The competition provides funding for the region’s most promising young leaders to carry out projects that improve their communities, countries and the region.
Are you passionate about the future of ASEAN? Do you have an idea of how to make a positive change in your community, but are in search of mentorship and financial assistance to make it happen? The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative’s (YSEALI) Seeds for the Future Grants Competition can help turn your ideas into action.
The competition, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, provides funding of up to $15,000 for the region’s most promising young leaders to carry out projects that improve their communities, countries and the region. Projects cover one of the four YSEALI themes: Civic Engagement, Economic Growth, Education, and Sustainable Development.
- Project Leader: This person is the overall head of the implementation of the project, and will delineate responsibilities to other participants. The project leader leads the discussion about how the project is implemented, and must be committed to regular communication with the rest of the team and the funder.
- Project Secretary: This person who will compile monthly reports and updates on the project. The project secretary should be adept with social media, and must be organized. Failure to provide up-to-date information about the status of a project could result in loss of funding.
- Project Treasurer: This person will handle the finances of the program. Funds will be distributed in three separate intervals at percentages of 60% (beginning) 35% (middle) and 5% (end). This person should be trustworthy, organized and have a bank account to receive the funds. And, this person will need to keep all receipts, and detail the expenses paid for with small grant funds.
Two of the three team leaders (Project Leader, Secretary, Treasurer) will attend a kickoff workshop in Jakarta, Indonesia at the end of January on project management.
- ALL applicant teams must include only citizens from one or more of the following nations: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Projects that involve more than one country are encouraged.
- Each team must have at least three members, and each applicant team must designate a Project Leader, a Project Secretary and a Project Treasurer.
- All participants must be 18-35 years old, be registered members of YSEALI.
Please complete the application form, including the essay questions about your proposed project.
For more information, visit YSEALI Seeds For the Future.