UNSSC is hiring an Individual Contractor to support their Courses – Turin, Italy
Deadline: September 18, 2017
The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) is hiring an Individual Contractor to support their courses! The contractor will provide administrative support for classroom training and second technical support for online learning. UNSSC, based in Turin, Italy with an Office in Bonn, Germany serves as a distinct, system-wide, knowledge management and learning institution, with a view to fostering a cohesive management culture across the United Nations system.
The UNLOCK Team of the College is responsible for providing strategic leadership and management development learning as well as innovation and change management learning solutions, with a view to strengthening collaboration within the system in areas of common organizational responsibility. It is also responsible for increasing operational effectiveness and enhancing UNSSC cooperation within the UN system as well as with external international and local partners, and UN-affiliated organisations. The UNLOCK Team approaches leadership, innovation and change management through a very realistic lens, focusing on concrete issues and problems that UN staff face and responding to them.
Vacancy No: IC/004/2017
Post Title: Individual Contractor
Organizational Unit: UNLOCK
Duty Station: Turin, Italy
Duration: October – December 2017
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Manager, for UNLOCK, and direct supervision of the Course Coordinator, the specific duties and responsibilities of the individual contractor fall into two categories, first, administrative support for classroom training and second technical support for online learning.
- Administrative Support for training (approximately 70%)
- Support of on-line learning (approximately 30%)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications Sciences, Social and Political Sciences, Educational Studies or other related areas;
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years of practical experience in supporting the design, development, and delivery of learning products, including several engagements with e-learning; Familiarity with online learning and social media tools; Proven ability to use Microsoft Office, as well as web-based authoring, web conferencing and learning management tools; Ability to effectively deal with stress factor occurring in heavy workload periods; Ability to meet deadlines; Collaborative working style;
- Languages: Fluency (written and oral) in English (required) and French (desired) or Italian (advantage)
The application (in English) should include the following:
- a duly completed, updated and signed P11 form.
- a motivation letter elaborating in a concise style why you consider yourself qualified for this position The application should be submitted preferably by e-mail to [email protected] with a subject title of “Application for Individual Contractor 004 – UNLOCK”.
Late submission of application and/or incomplete application will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications received, receipt of applications cannot be acknowledged individually. Only those candidates who are successful at the application pre-screening stage will be contacted shortly after the application deadline.
For more information, visit UNSSC Individual Contractor.