KKEF Young Environmentalist Internship Award 2017
Deadline: July 15, 2017
The Environmental Management and Research Association of Malaysia (ENSEARCH) would like to invite young Malaysians with a passion for environmental management excellence to apply for the K. Kumarasivam Young Environmentalist Internship Award. Applicants are required to write and submit an essay for a chance to be selected for the internship. This award began in 2004 and will provide the selected individual with the opportunity to be placed as an intern in a reputable center of environmental management excellence abroad for a period of at least two weeks. In previous awards, successful applicants have been placed in Korea, Germany, Australia, Thailand, India, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong and Taiwan based on availability of placement of host country.
ENSEARCH is a non-profit association of organisations, professionals, students and people with interest in learning and promoting effective ways to manage the impacts of human activities on the environment. The motto of the association is; ENSEARCH for a Better Environment.
- KKEF will cover all expenses related to travel, accommodation and an allowance for living expenses.
- Applicants should below 35 years old by Dec 31, 2017,
- Open to anyone who is passionate about the environmental related field – you can be a researcher, professional, civil servant or entrepreneur;
- Essay content must be based on thoughts and ideas, based on your personal experience, of current environmental issues/causes that you are passionate about. Too much outsourced scholarly explanations are not recommended.
- Essay should be typed in Times New Roman font, size 12, 1.5 spacing
- The essay should be 1,000 maximum
- Essay should be written in English
- Your understanding of the environmental issues/aspects in general or one specific one that you are interested in or specializing (200 words);
- Your experience in dealing with these issues/aspects in the past and currently (200 words)
- What you wuld like to do under the internship to pursue your interest or passion mentioned above. (400 words)
- What you could bring benefit to the nation as outcome of your internship. (200 words)
- Candidates are to submit their: photocopy IC, current photo, current evidence of employment/education, detailed CV and a cover letter stating area of interest for internship and how they would benefit from the expereince. Additionally, candidates are required to submit a letter from employers stating no objection for them to be away for 2 weeks of the program.
- Include at least two referees.
Please submit the above to the KKEF Awards Committee at No. 30-2, Jalan PJU5/16, Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara 47810 Petaling Jaya and/or email to [email protected] before July 15, 2017.
For more infrmation, visit KKEF Young Environmentlist Internship Award.