Tempus Public Foundation Scholarship Programme 2017-2018
Deadline: June 16, 2017
Application is ongoing for the Tempus Public Foundation Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People. The core mission of the Scholarship Programme is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith. After completing their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and they will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to improvement of social situation and preservation of culture of Christian communities.
The Programme is managed by the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and organized by the Tempus Public Foundation.
The scholarship provides the following:
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee;
- Monthly stipend for Bachelor, Master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 119,000 (cca. EUR 380) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies;
- Accommodation: dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of travel costs: HUF 200,000 /year (cca. EUR 645)
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
- The Scholarship Programme is based on the cooperation between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and churches, pursuing humanitarian activities in crisis regions. For the 2017/18 academic year the scholarship is announced for the citizens of following countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, and Nigeria. The applicants may not have Hungarian citizenship;
- Local Churches are to verify and prove that the applicant belongs to their religious community;
- Scholarship holders must possess the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme. The scholarship holders commit themselves in the scholarship agreement that after the scholarship agreement ends they return to their home countries, if the local security and political conditions allow it so;
- Scholarships are for young applicants who are older than 18 years of age by the time their education starts in Hungary. An individual may win the scholarship only one time at a study level.
All of the following documents are compulsory and need to be submitted to the online application surface by all applicants until June 16, 2017 (23:59 Budapest time):
- Online application form
- Motivation Letter
- Approved recommendation
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translationsin the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translationin the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical certificate
- Copy of passport
- Statement of Application
No hard copies are required from any of these documents by Tempus Public Foundation at the time of application.
- June 16, 2017: Application Deadline
- June 19 – 23, 2017: Approval of recommendation
- June 16 – July 5, 2017: Institutional Admission Procedure
- After July 14, 2017: Notification about selection result
- July – August 2017: Visa Application Process
- September 1, 2017: Arrival to Hungary
For more information, visit Tempus Public Foundation Scholarship Program.