Government of Flanders Master Minds Scholarship Program 2017/18
Deadline: April 30, 2017
The Government of Flanders has launched a new scholarship programme, Master Mind Scholarships. For the academic year 2017-2018, it awards up to 45 scholarships to outstanding Master students from all countries. The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education. The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the master programme. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
- The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum €7,500 per academic year.
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’);
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish host institution;
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders;
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Students cannot apply directly. Applications need to be submitted by the Flemish host institution.
- Read application guidelines and then Download the application form.
- Documents to submit with the application:
- Passport photo
- Copy of passport
- Official Transcript of records. If written in another language than Dutch, French or English, enclose a certified translation
- Official language test results
- Letter of motivation (from 1 to maximum 2 A4 pages)
- Letter of recommendation from 2 professors of your Home Institution
- Copy of acquired diploma(s). If written in another language than Dutch, French or English, enclose a certified translation
Upon completion of the mobility or exchange, all students are expected to submit an essay for which a format is provided and to fill in a short questionnaire about their mobility.
- Launch of call: December 2016
- Deadline for application: April 30, 2017
- Selection: May 2017
- Announcement of selection results: June 2017
- Start of mobility: September 2017, for the academic year 2017-2018
For more information, visit Master Minds Scholarship Program.