Visiting Senior Research Fellowships for African Women Researchers
Deadline: July 20, 2016
Following the success of 1st Edition, the Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA), in line with its mission of contributing to the development of Africa through its women, is launching the 2nd Edition of SCIENCE BY WOMEN programme, with the aim to promote African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and to foster the capacity of the research centres in their home countries.
The main goal is to enable African women researchers and scientists to tackle the great challenges faced by Africa through research in health, agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change, as well as mathematics and economic science.
- The Science by Women programme will fund a total of seven six-month visiting senior research fellowships for seven experienced African women researchers in the Spanish and international research centres of excellence.
- Complete the application form.
- Include the following documents:
- Letter of Interest (max. 1 page)
- Full curriculum vitae
- Fully filled form
- Brief but concise description of the project to be developed in the Spanish host centre (max. 2 pages)
- A letter stating the prospective host group’s interest to support the project proposed by the candidate
For more information, visit Visiting Senior Research Fellowships.