GoUNESCO Internship Program 2016
Deadline: December 30, 2015
GoUNESCO is now accepting applications for the 2016 Internship Program. The GoUNESCO Internship Program (GIP) is a 6 month global student outreach program that promotes awareness of heritage and culture among young people via fun, educative tasks.
GoUNESCO makes heritage fun! GoUNESCO has inspired thousands of people to travel to world heritage sites and participate in fun travel challenges. GoUNESCO is a UNESCO New Delhi supported initiative that makes heritage and culture more accessible, interesting and fun to everyone.
Period of Appointment: January 10th 2016 to June 30th 2016.
Nature of Work: Online and offline
Time commitment: 1-5 hrs a week
- Selected candidates will be awarded an e-Certificate of Appreciation from GoUNESCO.
- Exclusive online workshops for skill building, interaction with heritage experts, photographers, travelers.
- Networking opportunity with students from across the world
- A great work experience.
- As part of the program, you will be assigned fun tasks which will make you aware of heritage.
- Please read about the tasks assigned to interns in the past and current sessions of the program here – link.
- Depending on your performance, skills and your area of specialization, you may be assigned to specific teams with additional responsibilities.
- Applicants must be undergraduate/postgraduate student
- Applicants should have passion for traveling and contributing to the preservation of World Heritage Sites
- Applicants should be interested in the challenge and willing to make it his mission to light the same fire of adventure in other people’s hearts
How to Apply
- First participate at a #makeheritagefun event in your city (see list here) and meet GoUNESCO Interns – past and present – on Sunday, the 20th of December at 4PM. This event is open to everyone so bring along your friends too! If there is no event in your city all you need to know is to visit and explore a local heritage site on Sunday, 20th of December.
- Make sure you document your experiences online – in real-time (by posting on instagram/facebook/twitter, etc) Use the #makeheritagefun hashtag when you post to social media. You can also use this hashtag to view content that other participants across the country posted.
- Come back, write an article about the heritage location, and more importantly, your experience with the #makeheritagefun event and submit it at gounesco.com. You can add any number of pictures. Write as detailed an article as possible – instead of text, you can upload videos, embed slideshows, etc too. The main criteria for selection is the commitment we see in this activity. Do not copy from the internet, always credit if you use external images. Word limit – 800 words. Post your article by the 30th of December.
- Fill this form with your details – link
For more information and to apply, visit GoUNESCO Internship Program.