Enter the International Competition of Packaging Design
Deadline: March 25, 2016
The International Young Package competition is aimed at students and young designers from all around the world. Young Package focuses on packages made of paper. The competition was founded to invite students and creative people, and challenge them to create designs of corrugated and smooth cardboard or other paper materials widely used in packaging design.
Young Package competition has been held annually since 1996; it was founded, and has continued, thanks to the initiative of the company Model Obaly, a leading package manufacturer, for whom the support of young talents in the field is very important. The competition organiser since 2009 has been CZECHDESIGN.CZ.
The competition jury will mainly assess:
- Innovativeness and creativity;
- Package ergonomics;
- Easy manipulation ( packages should be easily open by elder people or children as well );
- Environmental aspects;
- Shape, and originality of the idea;
- Constructional imaginativeness;
- Quality presentation.
- Group 1: University students and young designers of up to 30 years of age:
- 1st prize 1100 EUR;
- 2nd prize 370 EUR;
- 3rd prize 250 EUR.
- Group 2: High-school students:
- 1st prize 800 EUR;
- 2nd prize 180 EUR;
- 3rd prize 110 EUR.
- One of the winners will be chosen for three weeks remunerated internship in innovation center of Model Obaly company. The rest of prize-winning will be awarded by another financial bonus or other prizes donated by the competition partners.
- High school, college, university students, and designers of up to 30 years of age can register.
- To register, participants use an online registration form placed on the competition website. Fill in personal data and entry description for the jury to use in the selection process. After the registration, participants will receive a registration code by e-mail. This code must be indicated both on the entry (in a subtle and elegant manner) and on the envelope or package in which the work will be sent. Consequently, the works will be judged anonymously. If more works are registered, then each work must be registered separately. In case of more authors the work is registered only once, in the registration form there is a special line for the names of all authors. Registration online form will be closed on March 25, 2016 at 1 p.m. (Central European Time).
- Competition entries must be mailed carefully wrapped so that they arrive undamaged, i.e. in a sufficient-sized box or envelope, in which it is stabilised and secured. On the envelope or package, the participants have to indicate their registration code. Entries may either be sent by March 25, 2016 or delivered personally on the last day, i. e. March 25, 2016, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. to the address CZECHDESIGN/GALLERY, Vojtěšská 3, Praha 1, Czech Republic.
Notice for foreign participants: Your parcel should carry a Customs Authorities Statement: Package contains an object intended for the international Young Package competition; its value for the customs purposes does not exceed 10 EUR.
For more information, visit International Competition of Packaging Design.